Friday, July 27, 2007

Mark Heimonen

Our MySpace friend, Mark Heimonen, describes his "band" as consisting of "little more than me, my guitar, a 15 year Roland D-20, a Radio Shack mike, and my computer." Whatever he uses to produce his music, I think it is lovely, relaxing, and very enjoyable listening.

Mark Heimonen is from Ann Arbor, Michigan. He classifies his music as Acoustic/Indie/Classical.

The four pieces available to listen to on his MySpace page, are Anxiety First, Second and Third Movements, and Hopes and Dreams. All are piano driven and rhythmic, melodic pieces. It would be difficult for me to choose a favorite from the four; I like them all. Perhaps it has to do with the fact that my state of mind is so often one of anxiety that I am a little more drawn to those three samples of Mark's music. But, Hopes and Dreams forms a nice combination with them.

No comments: