Friday, September 07, 2007

The Weepies

Our MySpace friend, The Weepies, out of Topanga, California, is made up of two band members, Deb Talan and Steve Tannen. They have a unique and very pleasant sound.

Each of them had successful solo singer/songwriter careers, and was a fan of the other, prior to meeting in a bar in Boston and later forming The Weepies. The Weepies first CD, "Happiness," was released in 2003; their second CD, "Say I am You," was released in 2006.

Their music is classified as Pop/Rock/Acoustic. The music is upbeat, melodious, and their voices combine harmoniously together. Three of the pieces available to hear on their MySpace page are from the "Say I am You" CD. Somebody Loved, the fourth track, is from the first CD.

I enjoyed listening to all four pieces; I really could not pick a favorite. I would definitely recommend listening to their music. It is pleasant, the tunes catchy - - all in all a very enjoyable experience.

No comments: