Monday, September 17, 2007

Megahertz

Henry Wadsworth Longfellow, 19th century American poet, is credited with saying, "Music is the universal language of mankind." I have to say I agree with him.

One of our MySpace friends is Megahertz from Italy. The information on the MySpace page is in Italian, and so are the lyrics to the songs that are available to hear. So, I don't know anything about Megahertz except that I really enjoyed listening to their music. It is classified as Electronica/ Expermental/Ambient.

All four songs have pretty melodies. The tempo of the first three songs is lively - the beat is catchy - the kind that makes you want to move to the music; they make you feel good. The fourth song, Fine, is a beautiful piece, of slower tempo and a more somber mood.

I don't know that this is exactly what Longfellow had in mind, but even though I could not understand the lyrics and all I can tell you about them is that Daniele Dupuis is the musician, or one of them, I liked the music; I felt better after listening to it, and I would very much recommend checking out Megahertz.

No comments: