Friday, August 10, 2007

New Clip on Music 2 Work 2 MySpace Page

I posted a clip of the new music session, Marsha, on our MySpace page today. A while back I downloaded the program to edit the sessions and cut out sections short enough to be used on other web sites where uploading music is allowed. It is not technically difficult to do, but I have such a hard time deciding what section to use for the clip. I think a lot of the problem has to do with the fact that I think all the sessions are so beautiful. I want everyone to be able to hear them in their entirety. Thank goodness Andrew helped me with the decision as to what section to use as the clip on Marsha.

Decision-making has never been easy for me. I usually end up second-guessing my decisions. I know the clips are necessary due to the length of most of the Music 2 Work 2 sessions. But, the longer length is one of the things that makes them the perfect background music that is not distracting. It seems such a shame to have to "cut them up." The entire sessions, such as Marsha, can always be heard on the Music 2 Work 2 web site. I just have to keep reminding myself of that fact when I am cutting sections from these beautiful pieces of music. Hopefully the clips will just make the listener want to hear more!

No comments: