Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Growing up in the south, every Saturday night included watching one of my father’s favorite TV programs, Hee-Haw. The program was way too corny for my taste, but there was a song (actually just the chorus) as part of a regular segment on the show that caught my attention and “spoke to me.“ As a matter of fact, I used to claim it as my theme song. The words to the chorus of the song were:

“Gloom, despair, and agony on me
Deep, dark depression, excessive misery
If it weren't for bad luck, I'd have no luck at all
Gloom, despair, and agony on me.”

My memory is not very good for most things, but somehow those words have remained in my mind. Thank goodness I am in a much better place in my life today then I was back then, so it doesn’t hold the same relevance for me now. I have to admit, however, that I have thought of that chorus a few times in the past several months. Since before the end of last year, I have been faced with one problem after another – loss, medical problems, major unexpected household problems and expenses – so I guess it is the part about bad luck that has made me think of it. But, I am also aware of the good luck I have now – the good luck of being a part of Music 2 Work 2.com, of having the opportunity to work with a very talented musician and friend. Being a part of Music 2 Work 2 is exciting.........and will only get better and better!

No comments: