Monday, November 05, 2007

Laura Sullivan

A relatively new MySpace friend of Music 2 Work 2 is Laura Sullivan. Laura Sullivan is a pianist and composer of Classical/Acoustic/Ambient music. She began to play the piano at age 4 and began composing her own music at age 8. By 18 years of age, she had composed 6 feature length musicals, along with other works.

All the songs available to hear on her MySpace page are beautifully performed, relaxing and soothing melodies. I particularly like "The Serpent Mound" which I believe is one of Ms. Sullivan's own compositions. And, Pachelbel's Canon in D being my very favorite piece of classical music, I also really enjoy her arrangement of "Pachelbel for the Potomac."

Laura Sullivan's music is beautiful. It reminds me very much of the Music 2 Work 2 sessions and could be used as background music or for a calming and relaxing listening experience. I recommend checking out the music of this talented musician.

No comments: